BOWEL MOTILITY DISORDERS
Colon Transit Markers, Validated Method & Standardized Reporting Tool
Can Assist You in the Assessment and Treatment of Constipation, Diarrhea and IBS
Illustration of Transit-Pellets marker movement
Validated Method & Safe Colon Transit Markers for the Quantitative Evaluation of Overall & Regional Colonic Transit
The Transit-Pellets method and Transit-Pellets radiopaque markers can be used to:
- Measure rapid, normal and slow colonic transit
- Differentiate between slow transit and normal transit constipation
- Identify segmental colon dysfunction in patients with constipation
- Differentiate between normal and rapid transit diarrhea
- Identify treatment effects in patients with chronic constipation
A colonic transit test with the Transit-Pellets method, formerly known as the Abrahamson’s method, and Transit-Pellets radiopaque markers can quantify the severity of transit problems. The test can be important in determining the need for additional diagnostic procedures, selecting the appropriate therapy, and predicting long-term prognosis. The test results can be used to guide decision-making in these areas.
References can be found in the VALIDATED METHOD section.
Contact Us. We’re here to help!
+46 (0) 8-460 072 06