PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY.
Medifactia AB (hereinafter “Medifactia”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with information that we or our service providers collect through the website (hereinafter the “Service”) operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement. By providing personal information to us or by using the Service, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last revised on March 03, 2021. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. Any change to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Service. Your use of the Service following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement posted on Medifactia’s website each time when you visit our website.
The information that we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our website or using our Services. We collect and use non-personal information (information that does not identify you personally) differently to your personal information.
If you submit any personal information relating to another individual, you represent that you have authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Personal information is information that can specifically identify you, such as:
- a name and a surname;
- a home address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact information;
- personal health information;
- date of birth or age;
- social media username or profile;
- interests and qualifications; and
- an Internet Protocol (IP) address
We collect personal information about our users in two ways:
when you directly provide information to us by entering personal information on the website; you may for example fill out a registration form for a particular service, participate in a survey, or complete a contact form, etc.
using automated means, specifically through cookie ID
We may use the information that you have shared with us through this website and relevant Services (other than sensitive information, which is discussed separately below) for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests;
- to provide the services or information you request;
- to allow you to register certain services, or enhance their functionality;
- to resolve and track the status of any consumer and/or product or service issues;
- to manage our relationship with you and facilitate any necessary follow up;
- to enter into, or perform a contract with you (e.g., in case you wish to order products or services from us);
- to enable you to participate in our, from time to time, online communities, including social media and blogs
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you (see further the Marketing and Education section below); and
- in other ways to which you consent
Medifactia may also use your personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following legitimate interests, so long as compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy:
- for analytical purposes in order to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content;
- to anonymize your information by removing any personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc.) so that it may be used for other purposes. In this case, the anonymized information would no longer identify you and may be treated like other non-personal information. For more details please see the relevant section below.
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this website; and
- to protect our rights or property
Medifactia also has legal grounds to use your personal information as necessary to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare and in order to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
Where required by law, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data for a particular purpose. For example, where the law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose sensitive personal information on or through the Service or otherwise to us. Sensitive information is personal information revealing or relating to your health such as Social Security numbers, genetic or biometric data, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions or trade union membership.
Medifactia will only collect and process your sensitive information:
in ways for which you have given your explicit consent;
- to protect the vital interests of you or another person, in cases where your explicit consent cannot be given or reasonably requested;
- according to applicable laws which include suitable and specific measures to safeguard your fundamental rights and interests;
- where the processing is necessary for medical purposes and we are, under the circumstances, under a duty of confidentiality equivalent to the duty of confidentiality of a health professional; or
- to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim
- We may collect sensitive information directly from you, when you voluntarily provide it to us for a particular purpose (e.g., when you contact us with a question or suggestion about our products and services);
- We may collect sensitive information as required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, European, and other governmental authorities in order to assure safe and effective use of our produc and services; and
- We may collect sensitive information about participants who have explicitly consented to participate in clinical trials, studies, and other research initiatives
Cookies allow us to collect non-personal information such as:
the type of web browser software you use (for example Internet Explorer);
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website;
- the date and time you access our website;
- which pages you have visited on our website;
- the search terms you use; and
- the links on which you click
We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve our product, services and website experience. We will use non-personal information from you to make this website more useful to visitors. In addition, we may also use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content;
- adapt or improve the information or services provided; and
- provide information on how our site is used, such as “traffic statistics” and “response rates”
DIRECT MARKETING AND EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
From time to time, we may wish to provide you with educational materials or other information about our product and services, as well as information about clinical trials or the products and services of others that might be of interest to you, based on the information you have shared with us and that we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of Medifactia website and social media.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as explained below under “Contacting Us”. In your request to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e-mail or postal address. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message.
Further, if you previously opted in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or third party partners, you may opt out of our sharing of your personal information with those parties for their direct marketing purposes on a going-forward basis by contacting us as explained below under “Contacting Us”.
Please note that if you opt not to receive marketing messages from us, we may still continue to send you relevant information for other lawful purposes, such as to administer any account you may have with us, to respond to your requests, to execute agreements with you, or to provide you with information that Medifactia is required by law to provide, e.g., regarding product recalls, etc.
We may invite you to participate in a survey to determine customer satisfaction levels, identify areas of potential improvement or to carry out market research. We may send you a specific invite to participate in such a survey on the basis of our legitimate interests in conducting the survey, or on the basis of your prior “opt-in” consent to receive such communications, in accordance with applicable laws. You may opt-out of receiving any such future communications in the manner detailed in the section above.
The personal data that is collected for the purpose of the survey may include your email address, phone number, survey results, and any free-text message you may have written in the survey.
We process your personal information as part of the survey for carefully considered and specific business purposes which are in our legitimate interests and which we believe also often benefit you, based on our assessment that our legitimate interests do not override your freedom and data protection rights.
The business purpose of collecting your data is to reply to survey feedback you may have provided, specifically:
- should you have indicated an issue which we need to take action to resolve;
- in order to gain further insight to the experience you have described; and/or
- to inform you of any action we might take internally to resolve your issue or enhance your experience
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We do not share personal data to any third parties except as described in this Privacy Statement. We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings from third parties. Personal data is only shared with third parties when we are legally permitted to do so. We may provide personal data to (or share with) third party organizations that assist in the daily running of our business such as different vendors or supplier to ship you products that you order on our website, a service provider to administer certain newsletter or informational mailings that you have signed up for, warehousing partners for the processing of orders, etc. In all cases we will not share more information than is necessary, and we will not authorize any third parties to keep, disclose or use your information except to provide the requested services in line with the purposes set out above.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. In the unlikely event that all or part of our business is acquired by a third party, your information may be transferred to the new corporate owner insofar as relevant to the business in question and subject to appropriate safeguards being in place. In addition, we may use and disclose your personal data information to third parties if necessary to:
- enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this website and Service;
- protect our rights or property;
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process; and/or
- investigate or take action in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
In certain cases Medifactia may transmit personal information collected on this website to our affiliates or third party service providers in other countries, but only in furtherance of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. In cases where personal information is transmitted from Europe to other countries we will ensure that safeguards equivalent to those provided by European data protection laws are in place.
USE BY MINORS
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 without the consent of someone holding parental responsibility. If you believe that a child has disclosed personal information, please contact us as explained below under “Contacting Us”.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
At any time, you may exercise your right to access, rectify and, as the case may be, erase, any personal information relating to you, or restrict the processing of your personal information, in compliance with applicable laws. You also have the right at any time to object, based on your particular situation, to any use or processing of your personal information which we have based on our legitimate interests. In case we are processing your personal information in an automated manner as part of a service to you or based on your consent then you also have the right to request a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (known as the right to “data portability”). Such requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Medifactia AB, Lumaparksvägen 7, 120 31 Stockholm, SWEDEN
Please note that we may ask you to provide proof of identity (such as a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request.
If we have based our collection or use of your personal information on your consent then you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in the same way as it was given, or by sending a request in the above manner.
You may also at any time, free of charge and without having to provide any justification, opt-out of any direct marketing campaigns and request to no longer receive any promotional material as described above.
In case you are not satisfied with our handling of your request you may contact the applicable Data Protection Authority. For Europe, please go to https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
Medifactia AB, Lumaparksvägen 7, 120 31 Stockholm, Sweden, is the company responsible for collection, use, and disclosure of personal information under this Privacy Statement. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us through our website or via the contact details listed in the Your Rights section above.